The preschool offers the following age-based classes (age by September 30) for the 2016- 2017 school year. We are offering a variety of days and times to better accommodate the needs of our students and parents.
2017-2018: $80 a month for Monday, $85 a month for Wednesday, with $125 registration fee
In our 2-year-old preschool program children learn through a variety of activities including arts exploration, educational games, story time, and large muscle play. We offer three options for two year olds: Monday 9:00 – 11:30 am; Wednesday 9:00 – 11:30 am; or Wednesday 12:30 – 3:00 pm. Potty training is not required. Each option offers a teacher ratio of 10 Children: 2 Teachers. Each week’s class has a theme that activities are organized around, helping to make learning fun. Children also develop classroom skills such as sharing and taking turns and sitting for circle time.
Academic skills covered in our program include:
- Counting – taught through fingerplays, songs, books and games
- Sorting – using centers based on themes
- Number recognition
- Reading – books and stories are read during a daily circle time. We also use a flannel board to make the lessons interactive.
- Letter Recognition – via centers using letters and matching activities to teach letters and their sounds
- Recognition of their own name
We use centers for comparing and identifying items in nature, a sensory table and books to teach early science concepts and help our students learn about the world around them.
Using both books and class room discussions, we talk about topics such as feelings, occupations, and community helpers.
Our classrooms use blocks, puzzles, play-doh, and many others to provide hands-on learning.
We use many types of media and tools to explore and experiments with the arts.